Audiology Staff | Audiology Suggestions
What is an Audiologist?
Professionals who specialize in the identification, diagnosis and rehabilitation of auditory disorders for all ages.
The audiology staff of ENT Specialists provide a full range of diagnostic care and state-of-the-art hearing aid services. Our experienced staff of licensed audiologists is dedicated to providing clinical excellence and unsurpassed patient care. If required, the board-certified physicians of American Physician's Services are always available to diagnose and treat special conditions. This partnership between physicians and audiologists provides patients with the best in hearing healthcare services.
Learn more about our audiology staff, adult and pediatric hearing tests and suggestions for family and friends of those with hearing loss.
When should I have a hearing test?
For most, hearing loss develops so gradually that it often goes unrecognized by the person involved. Recognizing and accepting hearing loss in yourself or someone you know is critical. Please take a moment to answer the following questions. Your responses will help determine the need for further hearing assistance.
- Do you have trouble understanding conversation in noisy environments or in group settings?
- Do you notice that you can "hear" but cannot always "understand" what others are saying?
- Do your friends or family members complain that you turn the television volume up too loud?
- Do you often have to ask others to repeat themselves?
- Do you avoid social settings because you can't hear well and fear that you'll respond improperly?
- Do you feel that you would hear better if others would just stop mumbling?
- Do you notice more difficulty understanding women and children's voices?
- Do you have a problem hearing on the telephone?
- Do you have trouble understanding church services?
- Does your family express frustration about your hearing problem and ask you to seek help?
If you answered "YES" to any of the above questions, we recommend you contact one of our audiologists for a complete hearing evaluation.